SARA Internship Programme
The SARA Internship programme was started in 2006 to develop previously disadvantaged South African graduates, with a passion for the reward profession, into proficient reward professionals. The programme runs for six months every year and is structured to provide an opportunity for graduates to learn the basics of the reward profession and offer them employment opportunities in the reward field after the end of the programme. There is a severe shortage of reward skills in the country and this programme assists the association in growing the pipeline of reward professionals.
Application criteria includes the following:
- Bona fide Previously Disadvantaged (PDI) South African Citizen
- Articulate, analytical and a preference to work with detail
- Strong computer literacy
- Will be required to travel to different locations (Johannesburg, Pretoria and surrounding areas) for the duration of the internship
- Must arrange own accommodation in Johannesburg for the duration of the internship
- Interns will be required to complete and pass the Global Remuneration Professional (GRP) study programme
- Must be willing to relocate to anywhere in South Africa upon completion of the internship
- Must accept employment with one of the sponsoring organisations after successful completion of the internship
Applicants undertake to participate in a selection process that will include an interview process, psychometric testing and communication competency testing, both verbal and written. During and on completion of the internship programme, the interns will also be required to complete a formal assessment and deliver presentations to the SARA Executive Committee and Sponsor Companies.
Your application should include:
- Cover letter on why you are applying for this programme
- Copies of academic transcripts
- Copy of ID
- Full contact details
Applications for 2020 are now closed.
SARA calls on potential Host Companies to host the 2020 interns - Click here for more information.