SARA Mentorship Programme
SARA has established an eight (8) months structured voluntary mentorship programme for its members. The mentorship programme is an essential part of SARA’s member development strategy.
The objectives of the programme are to:
- Enable professional and personal growth of the mentee/mentor;
- Aid in the development of leadership skills of the mentee/mentor;
- Assist members in building and maintaining professional networks;
- Develop a community of learning within SARA; and
- Reinforce learning and development through the application of knowledge and skills.
The mentorship programme will match members seeking mentorship with a suitable mentor based on their respective criteria and needs. Following the match, it is the responsibility of the mentor and mentee to establish and maintain their mentor/mentee relationship with the guidelines and resources provided by SARA.
SARA’s role is to identify appropriate mentors, match the mentor with a mentee and monitor and evaluate the mentoring process. Support can be sought from the SARA mentorship committee should the need arise. The terms and conditions of the mentorship programme are outlined in a separate document below (see Other Documents below).
The mentoring programme process:
The mentorship programme will run in cycles of 8-month periods. The first cycle will commence in February 2020 and end on 30 September 2020. Additional cycles will be announced as mentoring capacity allows and member demand dictates. Cycles may run concurrently.
Applications for mentors and mentees for cycle 1 will open in November 2019.
For cycle 1, mentor applications will only be open to SARA members with the following professional designations:
- Master Reward Specialist;
- Master Mobility Specialist; and
- Chartered Reward Specialist.
For cycle 1, mentee applications will only be open to SARA members with the following professional designations:
- Reward Specialist;
- Reward Analyst;
- Reward Administrator;
- Mobility Specialist; and
- Mobility Practitioner.
For more information, refer to the ‘Other Documents’ below.